Project coordinator Svitlana Soroka took part online in the 21st international onference on the series “Europe of the 21st century”, which took place in Slubice (Republic of Poland) on September 16-17, 2021.
Svitlana Soroka’s report was on the topic “Economic Consequences of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU.”
The conference addressed the following important issues:
– the political, economic and social consequences of the pandemic for Europe, the EU, the EU Member States and individual countries in the immediate and remote environment;
– internal and external political, economic, social, cultural, mental and other factors that determine the development of Europe and the EU during the pandemic and post-pandemic future;
– sources and intensity of processes that affect the effectiveness of integration and the quality of public life in its various dimensions (for example, problems with respect for EU values, the crisis of liberal democracy, migration, debt, development of extreme social movements, climate threats, etc.);
– the consequences of the current EU policy to minimize the effects of the crisis;
– opportunities and threats to the development of Europe, and in particular the EU, the source of which is its environment (including the Middle East, North Africa, the post-Soviet space);
– the importance of EU cooperation, including with the United States, Canada, Russia, Central Asia, other post-Soviet countries, China, Turkey and Iran, in order to provide conditions for development.
Following the conference, Svitlana Soroka received a certificate of participation.